The program increases educator experience within industries, strengthening curriculum and application. In a five-day professional development event, Alamo STEM Workforce Coalition connects teachers with industry experts to learn how math and science are applied in workforce settings. Our ultimate goal is to increase educator and student awareness of careers in the San Antonio area and for students to be better prepared for in-demand careers.
Host teachers at your company for a ½ day session sharing your knowledge of your company and what skills students need to be successful at your company.
What would this involve?
- Hosting a small group of teaches at your company for ½ day
- Providing a tour and/or overview of your company
- If possible, provide a hands on experience for teachers at your company
During the week you will visit three local companies as part of the externships. Applicants must teach a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or STEM-related course or be a CTE teacher.
- Increase career awareness for applied teaching and learning
- Create opportunities for students to interact in the real-world workforce
- Bring CCRS and STEM to life in your classroom!
- Strengthen authentic learning using project-based learning design
- Connecting with industry experts in an externship experience