The San Antonio Economic Development Foundation (SAEDF) announced its 2021 Executive Committee, a group of executive leaders that represent the diverse industries and demographics that make up the San Antonio regional business community.
The SAEDF governing body, made up of majority private sector community leaders, directly influences the region’s economic and workforce development strategy. Led by Craig Boyan, H-E-B President and SAEDF Chair, the Executive Committee has prioritized participation to best represent the diverse and inclusive San Antonio region.
“SAEDF is propelling San Antonio forward, working to make sure our region grows strongly and grows the right way, and that every person has a chance to prosper,” said Boyan. “I’m honored to serve alongside this group of corporate leaders dedicated to driving equitable growth strategies that will strengthen San Antonio for decades.”
Four new leaders join as at-large private sector members of the committee in 2021, including Brandon Gayle, EVP of Revenue, Brand & Communications with Spurs Sports & Entertainment; Dr. Adena Loston, President of St. Philips College; Robert Melvin, CEO & Founder of Limitless Creations and Chair of San Antonio for Growth on the East Side (SAGE); and Rosa Santana, CEO & Founder of Santana Group.
Brandon Gayle leads Spurs Sports & Entertainment’s (SS&E) operations across ticketing, premium seating, sponsorship, media, marketing, digital, and business communications. Prior to joining SS&E, Gayle held multiple roles with Facebook, Instagram, and Groupon, most recently as Facebook’s director of global sports partnerships and solutions.
Dr. Adena Williams Loston serves as President of St. Philip's College, the nation’s only federally designated Historically Black College and Hispanic Serving Institution. She previously served as Chief Education Officer at NASA Headquarters in Washington, D.C., structuring the Office of Education, providing executive leadership, policy direction, functional management, and guidance in coordinating the Agency’s overall efforts to organize and enhance its education investments and portfolio nationally and internationally for its Headquarter operations, mission directorates and 10 field centers.
As CEO of Limitless Creations, Robert Melvin leads the development firm revolutionizing commercial and residential construction with safe, energy efficient, innovative structures that maintain functionality and luxury. Mr. Melvin also serves as Chair of SAGE championing the revitalization of San Antonio’s Eastside community and promoting equitable development. Additionally, Mr. Melvin serves on the Advisory Board for The University of Texas at San Antonio's Economic Development Institute.
Rosa Santana, a recognized outsourcing solutions expert, is the Founder and Chief Executive of Santana Group, a top-tier certified minority- and woman-owned outsourcer whose transformational solutions differentiate industry-leading companies through more efficient, effective, and competitive service. Companies under Santana Group include Integrated Human Capital; Workforce Management Mexico; Diversa; Oveana; and Forma Automotive, the first Hispanic-, woman-owned direct tier 1 supplier to Toyota. In 2019, she was named an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2019 Central Texas, and in 2020, she and Forma Automotive were named recipients of the Minority Business Development Agency’s 2020 National Distinguished Supplier Diversity Award, marking the first time that a minority- and woman-owned firm was named a recipient.
“Our community is at a pivotal moment navigating the current pandemic while continuing to build our stronger future,” said SAEDF President & CEO, Jenna Saucedo-Herrera. “With our Executive Committee leaders, we are prepared to launch an evolved regional economic development strategy focused on growing resilient jobs, workforce development that empowers San Antonians to fill those jobs, and ensuring our region is the best place to live, work and do business.”
SAEDF is committed to engaging an Executive Committee that represents the diverse and inclusive community it serves. The 2021 slate represents increased participation from 2020 of Females (26% to 33%), as well as increased Black participation (9% to 21%), and Hispanic participation (35% to 37%).
SAEDF’s full Executive Committee slate is listed below.
2021 SAEDF Executive Committee:
- Craig Boyan, President, H-E-B – Chairman
- Randy Smith, CEO, Weston Urban – Vice Chairman
- Paula Gold-Williams, CEO, CPS Energy – Secretary Treasurer
- David McGee, President & CEO, Amegy Bank, Central Texas - Immediate Past Chair
- Taylor Eighmy, President, UTSA
- Victoria Garcia, Managing Partner, Bracewell, Immediate Past Chair, Port San Antonio
- Brandon Gayle, EVP, Spurs Sports & Entertainment
- Leo Gomez, CEO, Brooks
- Adena Loston, President, St. Philips College
- Michael Lynd, Jr., CEO, Kairoi Residential – SAEDF Implementation Committee Chair
- Cynthia Teniente-Matson, President, Texas A&M University-San Antonio
- Robert Melvin, CEO & Founder, Limitless Creations
- Rolando Pablos, Cross-National Advisory Partners – SAEDF International Advisory Council Chair
- Wayne Peacock, CEO, USAA (Past Chair)
- Kate Rogers, Charles Butt Foundation – SAEDF People Team Chair
- Clyde Rucker, Owner & CEO, Rucker Restaurant Holdings, LLC
- Rosa Santana, CEO & Founder, Santana Group
- Robert Puente, President & CEO, SAWS
- David Marquez, Executive Director of Economic & Community Development, Bexar County
- Erik Walsh, City Manager, City of San Antonio
- Erika Gonzalez, Past Chair, San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Adam Hamilton, Past Chair, San Antonio Chamber of Commerce
- David Pope, Past Chair, North San Antonio Chamber of Commerce